Carnival foam, or foam, in short, has been used in the carnival world for years. The material is mainly used for the creation of hats or wigs. However, this is not the only application: the integration in costumes, such as collars, cuffs, fortification but also shoe covers and even float elements are possible.
But what is foam, really?
That is a secret that Creafoam won’t reveal…What we can tell you however is this: the collective name foam covers a lot of various products and compositions (Polyether, Polyvinyl chloride, Polyurethane, Polystyrene, EVA, Polyethylene, Polypropylene).
Creafoam always chooses the best products with the right composition, to allow you, the customer to work quickly and make the most fantastic creations.
Foam is stuck together without glue, with the help of hot air. This is a huge advantage with regard to work speed. In addition, foam is incredibly light.
The advantage at a glance:
- easy to process and very user friendly
- water repellent
- colour-fast (does not fade in normal sunlight or with age)
- can be cut with an ordinary utility knife
- can be combined with fabric, boas, galons, Styrofoam…
- super light, but firm at the same time
- stuck together without glue, with the help of hot air.
- Available in various colour variations.
- easy for creating large volumes
- can be finished with an airbrush
All these properties make foam really affordable. After all, you don’t have to buy glue and you’ll save a ton of time due to the work pace.
All this make it obvious why the carnival groups are very eager to use foam. The possibilities are virtually endless.
Foam also is a great material for dance schools, theatre companies, cosplay, decoration companies, schools, and flower parades. The use of this material is clearly not limited to the carnival world!